Thursday, March 9, 2017

Rand Paul: Ryan 'trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the president' on ObamaCare replacement

 
The Hill by Max Greenwood
 
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday accused House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) of trying to deceive President Trump in an effort to win his support for House Republicans’ measure repealing and replacing ObamaCare.
“I don’t think it makes any sense and I think he’s trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the president,” Paul said in an interview with Breitbart News.

“I think when I’ve spoken with president Trump, I think he agrees with me that we should repeal and replace but I don’t think he’s stuck on that they have to be in the same bill necessarily. Paul Ryan, I think, is selling it to the White House and telling the White House, ‘Oh, it’s a piece of cake, it’s a done deal,’” he added.

Trump this week voiced his support for the plan and urged Congress to pass it quickly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment