Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Gettysburg Address, By Donald Trump

At Daily Caller 
By Dave Roberts -- 

Wow. Whoa. This is some group of people. Thousands. So nice, thank you very much. That’s really nice. Thank you. It’s great to be at Gettysburg. It’s great to be in a wonderful battlefield like this. And it’s an honor to have everybody here. This is beyond anybody’s expectations. There’s been no crowd like this.

Four score and seven years ago – how many years is that? I don’t know, let’s just say it’s a lot of years — our forefathers – some of whom were losers, let’s face it – brought forth on this continent a new nation. Yes, there were Indians here already, but they had lots of problems. And they were bringing those problems to us. They were bringing drugs. They were bringing crime. They were rapists. And some, I assume, were good people.

The new nation was conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. That sounds great, but it’s just words. I’ve read the speeches of these people, and they said the sun will rise, the moon will set, all sorts of wonderful things will happen. And people are saying, “What’s going on? I just want a job. Just get me a job. I don’t need the rhetoric. I want a job.”

No comments:

Post a Comment