Thursday, November 17, 2016

A somber Hillary Clinton makes first post-election appearance

 

At NYPOST by Marlsa Schultz  -- 

Hillary Clinton doubted she could pick herself up after her devastating presidential loss to make her first public appearance since her painful concession speech.

“I will admit coming here tonight wasn’t the easiest thing for me,” Clinton said Wednesday at a gala event in Washington for her former employer, The Children’s Defense Fund. “There have been a few times this past week when all I’ve wanted to do is just to curl up with a good book or our dogs and never leave the house again.”

A somber and, at times, emotional Clinton reflected on disadvantaged children who beat the odds honored at the event as inspiration for her to move forward after Donald Trump pulled off an extraordinary Election Day win.
“I know many of you are deeply disappointed about the results of the election. I am too, more than I can ever express,” Clinton said. “I urge you, please don’t lose heart. Don’t give up on the values we share. Look at the young people we are honoring tonight. If they can preserve, so must all of us.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment