Saturday, December 24, 2016

‘My Fellow Liberals, I’m Tired Of You’

 

At Conservative Firing Line by TK Whiteman  -- 

Liberals fatigue one of their own…

Amazing letter sent from a self-proclaimed liberal to journalist Ron Dreher of The American Conservative.

Dreher promised to keep her identity confidential. As he penned, “I plan to respond to this reader privately, but she said I could share this letter as long as I protected her identity. What a courageous person she is. God bless her on her journey.”


I’m a secular/agnostic Californian and longtime reader of your blog. I’ve enjoyed your books beginning with Crunchy Cons, and have valued your insights over the years.

Though you don’t know me, I feel like I know you and your family. And I want to share with you, from the liberal bastion of Northern California, that I am officially tired of the type of people who have surrounded me my entire life. In the wake of Trump’s election, I am experiencing “tribe fatigue.” I’m not tired of The Other, Detestable Tribe. I’m tired of my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment