Monday, January 23, 2017

Mainstream media has earned every ounce of the “Trump Treatment” and more

Da Tech Guy blog by JDRUCKER  -- 

In college, I learned that generalizing is a bad thing for reporters and commentators. It’s ironic that I’m breaking my own training by generalizing about the craft that I studied all those years ago. Mainstream media in general is unabashedly opposed to Donald Trump. They need to be put squarely in their place. Then deserve the “Trump Treatment.”

I thought it was bad during the campaign. That was nothing. The complete and utter meltdown of respected journalists over Trump’s inauguration, Sean Spicer’s first press conference, and every little move the administration has made in the three days since Trump became President of the United States has placed them even further down on the trust scale. We’re no longer seeing subtle leanings or hidden propaganda. Many of the biggest names in journalism are making mockeries of themselves and the government they’re attempting to cover.

The Trump Treatment is this: disregard their reports, offer an alternative, and allow Americans to choose which truth to believe. In any other situation, this would be the type of Kremlinesque attack on media that I would oppose. Considering how badly the media is botching their jobs, I see it as unfortunately justified.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment