Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My Islam Problem and Yours


At PJMedia by Roger L.Simon  -- 

You can be a virtue-signaling moral narcissist and get all exercised about Donald Trump's executive order suspending visas from seven primarily Muslim countries for the next ninety days, but I have a question for you: what do we do about Islam?

You will note I say Islam and not some other euphemistic expression like radical Islam or Islamism or Islamofascism. Islam.

I know that disturbs you because chances are you live in a world where cultural relativism prevails and all religions -- fusty old things that they are -- are equal.

Well, it is so if you think so, but I will note again that at least one interested party -- the current president of Egypt, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi -- has declared bluntly that his religion is in dire need of a reformation. Chances are he knows more about Islam than you. He certainly does than me.  Also, he lives in a hellacious region of the world dominated by that religion and its violent ideology.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment