Saturday, June 10, 2017

Should Trump fire Mueller?



Powerlineblog | P.Mirengoff

No. I don’t think he should. The hornet’s nest has already been sufficient stirred up, and we’ve already heard enough Watergate comparisons without replicating the “Saturday Night Massacre.”
But after James Comey’s testimony, there is a new argument for firing Mueller and handing the Russia hacking investigation back to the FBI and its new director. Newt Gingrich explains:

When asked Thursday by Senator Susan Collins of Maine whether he shared the memos he wrote about his conversations with President Trump with anyone outside the Department of Justice, Comey answered: “I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter – didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons – but I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

More from Powerline

No comments:

Post a Comment